Saturday, August 28, 2010

8/28 - A day in St. Pete


Eli has learned a new sign; okay, it's his second sign. He knows more and now he knows milk. Since Brad can't see video, I tried to get to pictures so that Brad can see it. For everyone else, watch the video. He's so cute. His "more" sign is starting to look a lot more like he's praying but we know what it means.

The boys have been able to enjoy bath time together again in our big tub. Aiden was having a blast the other night pouring water on Eli. Eli didn't mind it as long as Aiden obeyed the rules of no water on the head or eyes.


We went to Chic-fil-a to see the train on Thursday night and the weather was too bad so they cancelled it. That is two times in a row (Wed and Thur) that I have told Aiden we can see a train and haven't been able to. He was heart broken and was sent to tears when he had to leave the play area since a little girl peed her pants (and the slide). The ice cream they gave him (in place of the train) made him feel somewhat better even though I didn't let him eat it until he got home since Eli was so tired.

Eli has recently started to understand he can chase the cat. Pouncer isn't really excited about this too much. Eli really wanted to pet him and when I was holding Eli, Pouncer didn't mind. This chase went on for 30 minutes. Unfortunately, Pouncer didn't realize that although he hides under the bed, his tail sticks out and still draws attention to little Eli.
The boys and I drove down on Friday early afternoon to St. Pete. The drive was pretty horrible and they didn't nap. Thankfully they did get to have some fun when my Aunt Becky and Uncle Bill stopped by for pizza that night. The boys had a blast getting to play with them. I'm so excited the boys are getting to know more family and interact with them. Eli thought he had magical fingers by making this flashlight come every time he touched (thanks to Becky's timing).
Bill pushed Eli around a few times with his hurt back and all and Eli was loving every second of it. That's a huge open mouth smile if you can't make that out in the picture.
While I nursed Eli, Aiden went downstairs with Becky and Bill to see the truck. Well, as you can imagine, he had a great time. He thought that truck was the coolest thing and I'm pretty sure he would have been fine to just sleep in there.
When I brought Eli down, he didn't want to miss out on the truck action either so he joined in. He had fun driving and beeping the horn. I think the truck was the coolest toy they had seen in a while!
Aiden really wanted to go for a ride so we told him next time. We'll see if he remembers next time.

This morning we went to a park that also had a splash park. There were so many pieces of playground equipment. Aiden had fun but we got there a little late and it was pretty hot.

After the boys played for about 40 minutes, it was really hot and I changed them into their swimsuits and let them play in the splash park part. It didn't take Eli long to crawl off and have fun but Aiden didn't care too much for it. I think that is mainly because he wasn't feeling that well and told me earlier he didn't want to go to the water part. I'm slowly learning that when he says thing like that, I should listen.

We finally went and got nana and we drove back to Jax. We got in right at dinner time and Eli had enough of the car. It was a bit chaotic but the boys ate and got a bath. They are both enjoying playing with Bronco as you can see in the video. Little Eli was crawling all over the place doing laps tonight trying to keep up with Bronco. I forgot that the last time my mom was here Eli wasn't even crawling yet.

Aiden is feeling pretty bad and was up coughing quite a bit last night. We are going to see how he's doing in the morning to decide if we are going to church. I don't want him to get anyone else sick and I don't want him to get worse. It should be nice to have my mom here for the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment