Sunday, August 8, 2010

8/8 - Mommy's sick & Aiden's ear problems

The past couple days have been pretty rough. Eli watched Aiden eat breakfast the other morning which Aiden did not like. Aiden was in great spirits on Wednesday even though I was starting to feel pretty poopy.
Brad's Aunt Pat sent the boys some stuff from QVC (thank Aunt Pat). Here is Cordorouy the Bear. He was trying to ride it and was having fun.
Thursday was a rushed morning since I was in Gainesville all day. It was an exhausting day since I was sick and gone all day. When I picked up Aiden they said he was rubbing his ear all day. He cried most of the way home and cried for the first hour of being home. He just wanted to be held (which Eli didn't like because Eli wanted to be fed). I thought it was from a long day at daycare and kind dismissed his behavior because he never said a word about his ear.
Friday morning Aiden woke up an hour late and wouldn't stop crying. I took him to the dr and the he has a severe ear infection and a perforated eardrum. He got some antibiotics (one taken by mouth and another in his ear) and some motrin for the fever. While Aiden has definitely been under the weather, it's not slowing him down too much. He didn't want to nap at all on Fri or Sat. The picture with him in the blue shirt is from Friday. He wouldn't nap in his room so after 1.5 hrs of playing I asked if he wanted to sleep in mommy's bed. He said "yes." He rolled around for a while and then I hear a click to I wanted to see what was going on. As you can see, he was turning the light on in the bedroom.
Eli has been pretty cute lately. He wants to do everything is brother does including drinking out of big boy sippy cups. He just follows Aiden around and tries to hug him and Aiden wants nothing to do with it. It's kinda sad and cute at the same time.
While Aiden doesn't use his potty in the way we were hoping, he has determined he can stand on it and turn on/off the big light in the room! He was hammering it the other morning and woke up Eli!
Eli was feeling much better yesterday and was even playing with my gliding discs. He was roaming around the hosue on his kness and hands on the discs. It's a great ab and arm workout.

Little Eli is trying to be a helper in the kitchen. He's great at pulling the drawer out under the stove :( He's so cute and has been pretty happy lately. I love it!
Aiden was complaining about his ear this morning so I wasn't sure about church. However, we attempted to go to church this morning and Sunday school went fine. I checked on Aiden after sunday school and he was doing great so I decided we would stay and I went in to church. After being there for about 5 min, I got paged to come get Eli. He was crying hysterically. I fed him and that didn't make him any happier. He was tired and just wanted mommy. Needless to say, I had to take him home (and make Aiden leave). Eli fell asleep in the car and then still took at 2.5 hr nap!

With everything that has been going on lately, my dad decided he would come down a little earlier than planned (he was planning on coming at the end of the week) !! I'm excited for the boys and to be able to spend time with my dad.
Aiden is so cute about saying "Hi" to daddy. He really does it when I tell him I'm going to send a picture to daddy so look in the camera.
Here is a picture of Aiden getting his drops. He doesn't like them so much so I bribe him with watching Sprout so he can lay there for a bit. Unfortunately for him, I put them in the wrong ear and he had to do it again! Oops. I tried to tell him that it was good since he got to watch 5 more minutes of Sprout.
This is a busy week and I'm so glad my dad is here for a few days. I have a TON of work to do and have doctor appointments all day on Wednesday and have to go to Gainesville again on Thursday and somehow be back in time to pick up Eli by 5:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment