Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8/4 - Boy bonding



So I've gotten a couple days under my belt now with no Brad and no contact with Brad. It stinks. At least when he would go away for the last few winters for 2-3 months, I could still talk to him at night. Not anymore. He did get on the ship safe and all is well as he adjusts. You'll see in this cute short video that Aiden knows Brad is gone and on a boat. The video is too cute.

At dinner last night, Aiden was using his corndog as a boat so he could see daddy. It was cute but then started getting annoying. He misses Brad and only has a few ways to tell me that.Aiden has been pretty cute lately. He is a pretty serious little boy and it's great to see a big smile on his face every now and then. He smiles at me but it always comes across pretty goofy in pictures. This first picture just makes me smile. Eli is cute too. Look at that round face. Too sweet.
Last night was bath night so I let Eli get all dirty by eating a biter biscuit. Aiden kept pointing at him saying "mess." I agree. Little Eli is a mess when he eats his biscuit but he loves it so much. We go straight from the seat to the bathtub. Aiden has not wanted to bathe with Eli for a few weeks now and he actually wanted to get in with him last night. They had fun although I took Eli out before there were any problems. Eli was entertained by Aiden for a bit and Aiden even let Eli have a few toys in the tub (Aiden likes no toys, only his 1 car). After both boys were done with baths, Aiden decided he would try and comb Eli's hair. Too cute.
Aiden put together diaper boxes and 2 other boxes that had been delivered that day. He was then crawling over them and called it his train. Eli was busy getting daddy's shoes out for him when he comes home.
A favorite activity of Eli's is to roll around on pillows. I'm not sure why it's so fun but he loves it and then Aiden normally comes over and "helps" by putting pillows on top of Eli and then rolling on him. :(
I love this one picture below Aiden actually grabs onto to Eli (he normally doesn't like to touch him too much). I'm trying to forget I had to peel Aiden off Eli because Eli got pinned to the ground about 2 seconds after I took this. haha. Aiden actually does a pretty good job of being gentle but I have to remind him quite often.
I have a big day tomorrow in Gainesville for work and have to get both boys to their respective daycares at a very early hour. We'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah. Brad is doing pretty good. He has to stay awake very late at night which means he has to sleep during the day. He's getting adjusted to ship life and his new job. He has a short learning curve to please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment